|The Lighthouse has a very significant meaning to our church. There is a beautiful old song our church choir sings. It is called the “The Lighthouse.” The song talks about a light shinning from the top of a Lighthouse that guides ships so they do not crash on the rocky shores. Jesus is the “Lighthouse” and the ships are people like you and me. The song tells us that He is here to guide and direct our lives so we do not crash on the rocky shores of life. The name of our church and our logo is a “Lighthouse.” Our logo, like the song is symbolic of what Jesus provides for those who belong to Him.|
1 Cor 10:4 …For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ. (NKJ)
- The Lighthouse sits on a solid rock. This tells us that Christ is “The Rock” that we are to build our lives upon. When our lives have a foundation built upon Christ the storms of life may come and blow but nothing will move us.
2 Cor 5:21 For God took the sinless Christ and poured into him our sins. Then, in exchange, he poured God's goodness into us! (TLB)
- The white strips on the Lighthouse represents the purity in Jesus life.
- Because we are His; He has given us His goodness.
1 Pet 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed. (KJV)
- Since the start of our church many prophetic words have gone forth that this would be a place of healing.
- When we look at the red strips on the Lighthouse it reminds us
of two things:
- Christ is the Healer, and by His strips we have been healed.
- We have been called to bring healing and the truth of God’s Word to His people. God said, “His church will a house of prayer.” We are a house of prayer and a place of healing.
John 8:12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." (NKJ)
- The rays of light shinning forth from the top of The Lighthouse remind us of Christ, the one who guides us and leads us so we are no longer in darkness but have the light of life.
Phil 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross. (NKJ)
- The cross is a reminder to us of God’s love for us. Jesus’ death on the cross and His resurrection three days later reminds us that we have life eternal because of His love.
Keeper Of The Light: Our country has a rich tradition of lighthouses that
protected ships and sailors from the rocky shores of our beautiful coast.
had to keep the light at the top of the lighthouse burning.
A name was given to this person, they were called the “Keeper Of The Light.” At LFC it is our commitment to be the “Keeper Of The Light” until the “True Light” of the world returns. We will do this by speaking the truth of His Word during all seasons. John 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (NKJ)